Pages


Thursday, June 26, 2008

Take Me Out For The 9th Time

In honor of my purchase of Reds tickets this morning, I have come up with some good baseball statistics.

San Francisco has the 6th best road record, which is an even .500 at 20-20. They have the 5th worst record overall, however.

Despite being 8 games below .500, the Indians have scored 11 more runs than their opponents. On the contrary, the Angels are 17 games over .500 with only 18 more runs than their opponents.

The Tigers, thankfully, now rank 18th overall in record. They are 15-8 so far in the month of June. It took 35 games for them to achieve their 15th win this season.
Fernando Rodney’s ERA currently is 33.75, although he has only 1.1 IP.

The Atlanta Braves are an anomaly. They are a wretched 4-20 in one run games with an overall record of 39-41. Bill James, the father of baseball stats, uses the following formula to predict a team’s record:
Runs scored [squared] / (Runs scored [squared] + runs allowed [squared]).
According to this formula, their record should be 45-35.

Great American Ballpark will be my 9th ballpark - not bad for someone who only really began to be a baseball fan in 2000. Two of those stadiums, Fenway and Skydome, I visited without seeing a game. In the seven stadiums that I will have visited, I have seen 13 MLB teams, including the Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, White Sox, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Athletics, Rangers, Phillies, Nationals, Pirates, and Reds. I have not seen an NL West team play in person.

3 comments:

Mikey D said...

I don't think you can count Fenway and Skydome (I think they changed the name of that place to Rogers Centre, correct me if I'm wrong) on your list. I think you have to actually take in a game for it to count. You did do stadium tours for both, correct? Perhaps I'll give you half credit =).

I was shocked you remembered all the teams you have seen! Impressive. I'm trying to recollect all the teams I've seen...

Orioles
Devil Rays
Yankees
Red Sox
Twins
Tigers
Royals
White Sox
Indians
Athletics
Angels
Phillies
Marlins
Nationals
Reds
Dodgers
Diamondbacks

I'm up to 17. I probably went to more when I was a kid (the remaining AL teams), but alas I have no proof or memory. I need to hit the NL Central more.

Good stats...I always like them =).

Kevin said...

Do Old Tiger's Stadium and Comerica Park count as seperate ballparks? If so, then I have been to 2.

I HATE FERNANDO RODNEY!

Adam said...

You are correct that SkyDome is now Rogers Centre. I don't count them on my official list - I know I'll have to go back there.