Pages


Saturday, August 18, 2007

MSU Football

Fuck them. We get a new coach and all of a sudden they are trying to revitalize the program. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that. The revitalization I am looking for will be seen on the field with their improved effort. Not through some lame overhyped marketing promo for season tickets http://adcsquad.com/msu/fb/wearespartans/index2.html

Why am I so pissed with the football program then? In my attempt to find tickets for the MSU/OSU football game for the center of our semi-planned reunion, I discovered away game tickets are available to season ticketholders only. They should be honored that they have fans willing to drop $30-$40 to watch their crappy program hundreds of miles away from East Lansing. They can hardly get a home field advantage in East Lansing. (Remember the sea of scarlet chanting OH-IO during last year's game at Spartan Stadium?) Never fear, my dad's friend is a season ticketholder who will most definitely not be interested in treking down to Columbus, so we still should be able to get tickets... details to come.

I did come across this, which completely made my day, however unlikely it may be. If they wanted to create a marketing campaign, this is what they should have done. Credit unknown.

2 comments:

Mikey D said...

I love that picture! Haha, I have a new background!

Kevin said...

SPARTANS! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT...THIS IS WHERE THEY DIE!

There are so many quotes from that movie that should be played in the lockeroom before every game.