Pages


Monday, December 03, 2007

More Wii Reviews

I am starting to consider selling my Wii for $450-500 and buying a new one in February or March. Have you seen the demand for them right now???

Anyway, Stacey and I resumed our monthly game pass. Here's my latest ratings.
Mario vs. Sonic in the Olympics
This is apparently the first time Nintendo has featured both characters in the same game. They really got the character aspect right. If memory serves me correct, you can play as 16-18 different people plus any of your Miis. Each character has different controls. For example, during the swimming events, you may do the butterfly or the backstroke, etc. depending on your character. The one thing I question is the playability of the game. There don't seem to be a ton of events, so you may get bored after a month. The best events are rowing, swimming, archery, and fencing. Overall: 3.5 out of 5

Super Mario Galaxy
The Nintendo 64 version brought the game into 3 dimensional landscapes. Galaxy takes it one step further because in one world you can travel any direction around a planet. Even if you are upside down, you stay attached due to gravity. Dimension seems to be the biggest aspect of the game as you are launched from planet to planet in different galaxies. There are still the familiar Mario aspects - the music, goombas, stars, 1 ups, etc. Ok, I admit, I haven't played this game for 1 second. I watched Stacey play it for 5-10 minutes and she really likes it. 4 out of 5.

I am concerned about the 2007 version of the Yankees/Red Sox arms race. It feels very similar to the battle for ARod in 2003. This time, of course, the gem is Johan Santana. I was totally fine with Boston's offer of Jon Lester and Coco Crisp + minor leaguer. I was excited when the Yankees looked like they were willing to give up the farm for him. Now that the Red Sox have offered Ellsbury, I am upset. Lester and Crisp make perfect sense - pitching for pitching and you give up Crisp (who hopefully wouldn't be starting next year anyway). I really like Ellsbury, though. I just don't see the need for Santana for a year when you have Daisuke, Beckett, Schilling, and Bucholz coming up. They're turning into the Yankees. Ok, you guys can wake up now, I'm done.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Sure you could sell your Wii for $400 and buy another one in four months, but then you would be without a Wii for four months...

I am going to buy Mario Galaxy this weekend.