Pages


Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Taking a quick look at my bowl pick standings, I am 18-11 right now. I am obviously most surprised about Florida's inability to stop the offensive juggernaught that was Michigan. It's funny - every OSU fan I talk to admitted they were glad to see U-M win. They claimed different things: wanting Lloyd to win his last game, Big 10 solidarity, etc. But I think they were secretly excited because of what this means to their chances against LSU. Speaking of which, I am officially changing my pick for that game to OSU defeating LSU. I really feel the stars are aligned for OSU to win. Nobody is giving them a chance - similar to the way they came out in 2002 against Miami. While their QB is shaky, they have a consistent running game and a smothering defense. My official prediction: OSU 24 LSU 20

I watched a little bit of the Tila Tequila show (watch out Kevin, this paragraph is about reality tv... you might want to just skip to the next one) and she really didn't seem to care for any of the people. Sure, she was making out with them, but that doesn't mean shit. I came across an article that proved she was doing the show just to boost her own celebrity. She claimed that the guy she picked couldn't handle her hectic schedule and broke up with her. In actuality, she never called him after the reunion episode and MTV wouldn't give him her phone number. Apparently, before the finale, there were casting notices going around on the internet for the second season. She is the epitome of talentless celebrity.

As you both should remember, I love the show Lost. Part of each episode involves a flashback to their life before the island and the other part is the storyline on the island. At the end of last season, they made contact with a boat near the island, but were warned by the people who inhabited the island that the people on the boat would kill all of them. Nevertheless, they contacted the boat and are about to be possibly rescued. The last episode of the season was great because the "flashback" we saw was really a "flashforward" that showed one of the main characters (Jack) gets off the island, has a horrible life, and wants to go back to the island. What I love most about the show is that involves a lot of mystery and is leading up to the end (which is set to happen after 3 more seasons). Kev, I really think you would like the show and I think Mike might like it as well. Anyway, they got 8 episodes of the next season done before the writer's strike, which will begin on the 31st. By now, you probably have seen this preview, but I can't stop watching it because I am so excited.

3 comments:

Mikey D said...

With "Lost" I just feel like I'm so far behind that I won't appreciate it or enjoy it as much as I would have if I had watched it since its beginning. I think that goes for any show like that, though...24 included.

I hate Tila. She is always on MTV though! Which is probably why I haven't watched MTV in months, and merely flip past it now.

How are you doing in your dad's office pool???

Adam said...

I can completely understand about Lost... I started watching after the 1st season and even then I felt a little behind. They do have a video on their website thats called "Everything you need to know about Lost in 8.5 minutes" and it really is pretty good.

I don't know how well I am doing anymore. I was 2 games behind 1st midday on New Year's. I had to get almost all of the games left right.

Kevin said...

If I was going to start watching Lost, I would definitely have to rent and watch the first two seasons first. I hate picking up a series in the middle. (My biggest complaint about Star Wars is that Lucas started with episode 4 instead of episode 1.)

Sitcoms are the only exception that I can think of, because the characters (usually) start and end every episode from the same point.