Pages


Friday, October 14, 2005

Tweener

I know that I’m stuck in a “between” stage in life. Post-graduation, pre-career. Which is sad because I have a full time job… I just don’t have the full time responsibilities or pay. I can just dream of the money. Not that I’m poor… I’m probably breaking even. This would be the second “between” stage in life; the first being post-high school. That was a little more dramatic because I had a lot of Varsity Blues crap to go through and because I was a teenager. But I think this one is harder because the end point is not in sight. It could come in a few weeks or in almost a year. I know a lot of people are in this situation. The interesting thing is this didn’t used to happen to college graduates. Most graduates used to easily get a job lined up before they graduated. Now, it’s so competitive that job searching is a full time job. I am happy that I at least know exactly what I want to do and what I will settle for in my first job. And in the end, I think the internship is a good thing to have right now. It’s like low risk training wheels for a real job. Working 9 hours a day, having to dress up, learning not to eat fast food every lunch break, office bullcrap, etc. And I still am not living at home… that’s worth two gold stars, right?

No comments: