Pages


Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Best Lunch Break Ever

Let me preface this story by saying that I didn't really have lunch breaks at my old job. We ate at our desks while we worked. Nothing fun ever happened. Onto the awesome story.

Day 3 at the new job was very boring. I still don't have too much to do... I am probably the only person who would complain about not having anything to do at work. Anyway, back to the story. A few of the guys invited me to go to lunch with them. I didn't really want to go, but I went anyway because I want to make friends. We drove 15 miles to someone's barbeque after buying some beer. Don't worry, we didn't drink on our lunch break. It was a payment for the lunch. When we started driving into the country, I got a little nervous... like I was about to be on Punk'd... even though I'm not a celebrity. We pull up to this nice house with a pond and a pool. I think the more sources of water one has, the richer they are. We get out of the car and two really hot girls come out of the house. (I love my girlfriend.) The girl who lives there turns out to be the daughter of a certain car dealership owner. They bought over $100 worth of food for our barbeque. So, we grill up some burgers and some hot dogs with the hot girls by the pool. When we got back to work, we had been gone an hour and a half. And we didn't get in trouble at all. A fun lunch makes any boring work day better!

No comments: