Pages


Saturday, July 23, 2005

New Hockey League

I am excited for tomorrow - the day NHL execs will be scrambling to fill up their rosters and find their way below the new salary cap. I am scared about my team - the Detroit Redwings. I know we will see a different team since their last roster earned about twice the new salary cap. I've heard McCarty might have to go. I'm sad if he leaves, but the one thing that would be the saddest is the loss of Steve Yzerman. He is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. If he is bought out or retires, then that will be the most unfortunate outcome of the lockout. He deserves the chance to try for another title as a Redwing and to have the spotlight when he retires.

Tomorrow night, I will have free time. First time since Wednesday (no joke). At least my bank account just topped 5K today. Cheers to that.

No comments: