Pages


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Today's Post is Brought to You by Allegra

My allergies are in full gear today. Maybe I am growing allergic to post-its and Microsoft Office. I am going to miss sitting around all day and making $7.30/hr for doing minimal work. How did I get this job? NETWORKING. I may have gotten paid a very crappy $6/hr last summer to lug 30 lbs. up and down steps, but that job lead to much more. It got me this cushy office job, a few good references, and will most likely lead to the Lugnuts internship and full time job. Not bad for pushing pop and peanuts.

TODAY'S MUSINGS
Here's the difference between using celebrity to your advantage and ruining your career. Britney Spears' show is like watching a 16 year old girl that thinks she is deep and insightful. Everyone thinks she is a drama queen, immature, and even a little white-trashy. Her rat-like husband is ruining her career. Paris Hilton knows everyone thinks she is a dumb, sexy, party girl. So she builds her own clubs, markets perfume, and stars in a successful TV show that highlights her stupidity.

The Breakfast Club is definitely the best "brat pack" movie. Sixteen Candles is second, and Pretty in Pink is a distant third. St. Elmo's Fire lacks Molly Ringwald, so I don't consider it a true "brat pack" movie. It was ok, but Demi Moore trying to "freeze to death" by sitting in front of open windows made no sense. Judd Nelson is hard core. Ally Sheedy wasn't cute. "Don't You Forget About Me" is the best 80's song ever.

TODAY'S FACT
I like to look at the live cameras on Cedar Point's website at work. It makes me happy if it is raining because that means the people there aren't having fun while I'm at work.

No comments: